Products & Services
Standard passive heave compensation
We remove dynamics in order to increase safety and efficiency of marine operationsContact Us vs
Standard Passive Heave Compensation units are rugged, easy to implement and very easy to use. It offers excellent performance for topside and subsea applications where the dynamic challenges can be reduced significantly by shock absorption, constant tension or overload protection.
PHC units are hydropneumatic units containing nitrogen gas and oil. These elements give the unit its spring and damping characteristics which are carefully designed to meet our client’s needs for a variety of applications. Standard units normally provide excellent performance for topside and subsea applications where the functionality of shock absorption and/or overload protection is required.
Tabs for Standard passive heave compensation
Safe deployment through the splash zone
- Remove the risk of slack slings and/or snap loads
- Reduce dynamic load variations
Overload protection in case estimated max load is exceeded
- Extend to compensate if e.g active heave compensation fails
- Absorbs potentially damaging peak loads
Quick lift-off function
Increase the lift-off velocity on transfer lifts by including a Safelink PHC solution with the functionality of high pressure actuated retraction of the piston rod.
- Remove the risk of re-entry for offshore cranes with low hoisting speed
- Extend and retract to compensate for the dynamic load variations caused by topside movement
- Extend to compensate if pull out forces exceeds estimated values
- Controlled retraction when the subsea structure is released from the seabed
Our standard passive heave compensators increase the weather window for your marine operations