Standard passive heave compensation
Our standard passive heave compensators increase the weather window for your marine operations
Standard PHC units are robust, easy to implement and very easy to use. They offers excellent performance for topside and subsea applications, where the dynamic challenges can be reduced significantly by shock absorption, constant tension or overload protection.
PHC units are hydropneumatic units containing nitrogen gas and oil. These elements give the unit its spring and damping characteristics which are carefully designed to meet our clients needs for a variety of applications. Standard units normally provide excellent performance for topside and subsea applications where the functionality of shock absorption and/or overload protection is required.
Safe deployment through the splash zone:
- Remove the risk of slack slings and/or snap loads
- Reduce dynamic load variations
Overload protection in case estimated max load is exceeded.
- Extend to compensate if, for example active heave compensation fails
- Absorbs potentially damaging peak loads
Quick lift-off function
Increase the lift-off velocity on transfer lifts by including a Safelink PHC solution with the functionality of high pressure actuated retraction of the piston rod.
- Remove the risk of re-entry for offshore cranes with low hoisting speed
- Extend and retract to compensate for the dynamic load variations caused by topside movement
- Extend to compensate if pull out forces exceeds estimated values
- Controlled retraction when the subsea structure is released from the seabed
- Safelink’s IAHC is a perfect match for the green energy transition
- Safelink wins important contracts on the US east coast
- New CEO
- Inline active heave compensator (IAHC)
- Shock absorbers with active controlled quick lift (ACQ)
- New product lines for the offshore wind market
- Record delivery
- Analysis and simulation services
- Saferunner – tag line roller
- Service personnel